2012 Holiday Bash Tomorrow!
Our giant 1-year anniversary, Holiday, and exhibit opening party starts tomorrow night at 6 PM! http://www.eventbrite.com/event/4856312361
The doors, food and beverages begin flowing at 6, with a performance by the Kessel Run at 8 PM. As soon as they're done playing, we'll be holding an impromptu auction of some game-related, and un-game related items. All proceeds will be used to keep the MADE open in the new year.
It's been a heck of a year thus far, eh? Since October 2011, we've done the following: - On October 1, we moved into our first space, where we now reside!
- Opened our first exhibit, The History of 3D Games.
- Indie developer co-working days began in November 2011
- In November 2011, the MADE inherited the GamePro collection of over 5000 games and over 100 consoles. The collection quintupled the size of the MADE's archives.
- The Interactive Fiction Club begins meeting at the MADE at noon the first Saturday of every month.
- Showed this Exhibit at GDC http://www.flickr.com/photos/officialgdc/6816793546/in/set-7215762952864...
- We've hosted over 40 free programming classes for kids in the Oakland area. That's somewhere between 200 and 300 kids introduced to computer programming through the guise of game development.
- In June, Al Alcorn, creator of Pong, visited the MADE.
- We hosted our first summer camp in July
- The "What Would Molydeux" Game Jam took place at the MADE on April 1. We hosted over 30 developers, who created over 10 games over the weekend.
- The MADE hosted talked by RJ Mical, Jon Peddie and Kurt Larson.
- The MADE exhibited at Maker Faire
- Dolby Labs signed on as a sponsor of The Sound of Games
- Our second exhibit, the Sound of Game, premiered in September
- Our third exhibit, Games You Can Frame, premiers tomorrow!
- Super Nerd Day began in November 2012 Sundays, a day when extremely intense programming projects can be worked on in collaboration with other developers at the MADE.
What a year! Come help us celebrate tomorrow night! Tickets will cost a bit more at the door, so register online at http://www.eventbrite.com/event/4856312361
The MADE is a 501(c)(3) center and museum dedicated to activities that engage participants with all forms of digital art and entertainment.
(c) The MADE